Project Area Liaisons (PALs)
FAIRDOM PALs are “front line” experimentalists, modellers and bioinformaticians from each of the projects we work with. They act as our advocates and communicate our progress back to their projects.
Our community is large, by working with a small team of committed representatives, we can ascertain the requirements for each project and easily disseminate new material and recommendations back to the wider community.
The FAIRDOM team works closely with the PALs on:
- requirements gathering and consultation
- reviewing of ideas and prototypes
- testing and reporting on solutions
- intelligence gathering from projects
- Any software changes, updates, or advancements from FAIRDOM are tested by the PALs before being released to the wider community. They shape our ideas and influence the direction of the projects.