Merry Christmas from the FAIRDOM Team.
December 18, 2017
It has been another fantastic year here at FAIRDOM.
- We made 4 major releases of our SEEK software, which powers the FAIRDOMHub, bringing you the following functionality:
- (v1.2) Added in the new Samples framework, which offers you a more flexible way of managing your Samples, and their associated metadata.
- (v1.3) Fully integrated our two flagship platforms SEEK and openBIS so you can now use SEEK to find and link the data and metadata from your raw and processed data stored in openBIS.
- (v1.4) Upgraded to RAILS 4 to ensure the security of the platform, and your data.
- (v1.5) Brought you access to the JSON read API, so you can search for your data programatically. We also released the JERM 2 ontology.
- We attended 16 different community conferences, engaging more than 4000 of you, to help demystify data management, and make sure your valuable data is given the longevity it deserves.
- We attended and facilitated 14 community engagement meetings on your behalf, ensuring that data management policies for the future ensure the best long-term outcomes for your data and the research fields.
- We partnered with ELIXIR Norway, providing SEEK/FAIRDOMHub as an official data management platform for the Digital Life Norway projects. We also provided bespoke integration with NeLS – a data store and compute – which improves the data management pipeline for all Norwegian life-science researchers.
- Provided more than 200 new users with space to manage their data on the FAIRDOMHub, taking us to nearly 1000 users.
- Our SEEK platform was integrated locally into 7 new large scale labs, providing a secure store for their data.
- Held international training events for data management in the UK, Germany, and Norway to ensure researchers had access to hands-on data management training tailored to their work.
Thank you all for your support this year. We have lots of exciting plans for 2018, and we hope to see many of you along the way.