SEEK version 1.9.0 released
July 16, 2019
The FAIRDOM team are pleased to announce a new version of SEEK – version 1.9.0
The highlights of this version includes:
- Major upgrade of the underlying platform
- Rails 4.2 → Rails 5.2
- Updating and replacing affected libraries and dependencies
- Ability to login with email as well as username
- Ability to edit previous version revision comments
- Show the SEEK ID of the selected node when navigating the ISA overview
- Fix for model files appearing missing for previous versions (don’t worry, no files were actually lost)
- A lot of bugfixes and minor improvements discovered during the upgrade testing
The main bulk of this work was the upgrade to Ruby on Rails, the underlying platform SEEK is built upon, which included many changes. This work has been carried out in parallel to other work over several months, and undergone a lot of testing. Bringing things up to date ensures we continue to get feature enhancements, improvements and security fixes.
Details on installing SEEK can be found in our Documentation, at https://docs.seek4science.org/get-seek.html – including running with Docker.
The upgrade guide can be found in the usual place at https://docs.seek4science.org/tech/upgrading.html