On the 27th and 28th March, the FAIRDOM team met in the historic town of Heidelberg in Germany for our 30 month funding review. The meeting was attended by the whole FAIRDOM team, reviewers, funders, and special guest users Jon Olav Vik from the Digital Salmon project, and Ursula Klingmüller, from the IMOMESIC project.
Over the two days we presented out successes from the last two years which include:
- Developing our software to allow the users from anywhere in the world join the FAIRDOMHub and self-manage their projects.
- Establishing the new samples framework, allowing users to define their own templates.
- Integration of back-end and front-end data management software.
- Doubling our users of the FAIRDOM platform in the last 12 months, during an exponential growth trend which we expect to continue.
- Holding our first user meeting, showcasing some of superstar users including Digital Salmon, Siberian SEEK, ERASysAPP, and LiSym.
- Establishing the FAIRDOM Association.
- Updated on general support and special project support (e.g. ERASysAPP, Digital Life).
We also had extensive discussion with the funders and reviewers over ensuring sustainability of the FAIRDOM platform and services. The review was a great success and we passed, with a recommendation to release the next two years of our project funding. This is great news for our project, and great news for the growing community of users like you. We will be able to improve and grow our engagement and support over the next few years. We look forward to having you with us on this journey.